Sorry I haven't been posting a whole lot lately but I've been super busy. I've been working on some pretty cool things, and hopefully I'll be able to post them in the near future.
Anyway,I did these silkscreens a while back for a gallery show I had here in Cleveland. I tried to capture the feeling of the illustrations I loved so much as a kid-keeping the colors a little more muted and dark. Mixing ink for silkscreening is still kind of a guessing game for me. The colors always darken considerably when dry, so I never know exactly how it will look until the last color is applied.
The lion and the zebra were done in editions of thirty, and I made twenty of the larger circus tents. There are still some available.